Monday, June 23, 2008

Yet another notebook on programming ...

One thing every developer/programmer knows for sure is: you never know it all! In fact, we can safely say: you never know enough about programming!
Here's another fact about programming: problems never seize to exist! They just keep appearing and popping.
I've been working as a trainer for MCSD .NET for a while now (about 5 years) and I tried in so many ways to share my experience with others, and I FAILED. Not that I could not find content to share but in the contrary, there were too many that I never found the time to put it all up together in one place. Being programmer makes you a little verbose and a little perfectionist, so every time I tried to put up some material, I started categorizing and reasoning then starting from scratch. So for example if I wanted to write about printing documents using C#, I had to write about the classes you use, and then I found myself writing about classes in general and then about what classes do, and so I started from scratch all over again.
When I tried to write a series of articles on my blog, It took my five years and it is not finished yet!
I found out that the problem is that order of topics and reasoning was an obstacle to the old blog. You know, it's ironic that the world of the internet is going from hierarchial services to cloud structured services (for example, email, bookmarks, topics, etc. used to be categorized in a hierarchial folder structure back in the old days, then came the "TAG" magic and it al changed)
I decided to open up a new blog, fresh start, clean slate, where I can post topics as they come to my mind, no matter if they are related to each other or not, and no matter if they are tutorials, ideas, code samples, questions, suggestions, links and websites or any other form of thought as long as it is related to programming.

Now, I've used around 17 programming languages during my life (not counting the different flavors/versions of a language) but currently I'm kind of stable with using C# for desktop development (C++ and its flavors when C# is not an option), C# and PHP for web development, SQL Server 2005 (2000 if 2005 not an option) and MySQL for databases, Prolog for knowledge intensive AI applications and I love both open source and proprierty software (I appreciate unix and love MS)

No comments: